Friday, September 2, 2011

"Across the Universe" the Beatles

In the song, images I saw were "...endless rain in a paper cup" where I saw a paper cup on a sidewalk continuously overflowing with every drop of rain, "images of broken light" which I envisioned as light darting in from the window, making specks of light on the wall, and "...like a restless wind inside a letter box" where I saw a small wooden box sitting on a table shaking and rattling as if something were inside trying to get out. I saw the "images of broken light" standing as a symbol. I thought the light represented good times and the broken part being the amounts of "dark" time between those good times. My favorite symbol that has remained with me throughout all my life is the dove, the symbol of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment