Sunday, September 18, 2011

Eleanor Rigby- PAIN vs. Beatles

I like the Beatles version of "Eleanor Rigby" more than PAIN's cover of it. I have listened to the Beatles all my life, and this song is a classic to me. Not only have I grown up listening to it, but it's also very calming and it allows me to listen to the lyrics and the music more. However, since it's familiar to me it gives me bias, and I also tend to like original songs more than covers of songs. I think that the Beatles version is more pleasing to listen to because it was soothing rather than loud and harsh. In the PAIN version, the singer appeared to be "screaming" at us rather than actually singing, whereas in the Beatles version the singer has a soft and quiet voice that is pleasing to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment