Monday, August 22, 2011

Wilco's Approach

Wilco explains that there are many different options to choose from when creating a song. It depends on what style and type of music one is looking for. When attempting to build a certain type of style or sound, one must take it apart and go into depth about it. Exploring the subject and idea is the way it is brought together. By taking a certain idea and picking it apart, it eventually leads to a very good, developed piece and continues to build up. For my own personal writing, I always have a general idea of what I'm looking for and create a theme to go by. Then I go more into depth about the subjects I want to talk about. I decide what I want to be specific about and what aspects I can be broader about. I usually look for everyday objects to incorporate in a unique way. I set up my writing like an outline first with my ideas and then start to add the details. I then piece it together to make it all flow. At the end, I go back and check over it. If certain things don't go together, I change it or correct it to make it sound better. Re-reading it a lot and allowing others to examine it and give feedback is also important because it helps me to be able to hear other ideas that can help my piece get better.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. :)
    "I usually look for everyday objects to incorporate in a unique way." This sentence really stuck out to me. It would be nice if you explained further what you meant by this. Can I have an example of what every day objects you had in mind?

    ReplyDelete